ReBUILD and RinGs are delighted to invite you to our event, Building Better Back.
At the event we will discuss gender and health systems in post-conflict and post-crisis countries. The meeting will launch our new online resource and be an opportunity to find out more about post-conflict health systems reconstruction in Mozambique, Northern Uganda, Timor Leste and Sierra Leone and discuss the implications of reconstruction in these countries for other settings.
The Gallery, The Foresight Centre
The University of Liverpool
1 Brownlow St
L69 3GL Liverpool
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (BST)
Who are the speakers?
- Welcome – Sally Theobald, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Introduction to ReBUILD and the broader programme of work – Tim Martineau, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
- Overview of Building Back Better, including the publications, briefs and website – Val Percival, Carleton University, Canada
- Perspective from Sierra Leone – Haja Wurie, College of Medicine and Applied Health Sciences, Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Perspectives from Northern Uganda – Sarah Ssali, Department of Women & Gender Studies, Makerere University, Uganda and Justine Namakula, Department of Public Health, Makerere University, Uganda
- Response from panel: Tulip Mazunda, BBC Foreign Correspondentand Alvaro Alonso-Garbayo, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
Photo courtesy of Steve Evans